See for yourself! Below are a few articles about the Warwick Children’s Book Festival and about its presenter, Albert Wisner Public Library, followed by testimonials from authors and illustrators who have participated.
- Times Herald-Record: Authors Share Powerful Messages
- Hudson Valley Parent: Ultimate Book Lover Party!
- Warwick Advertiser: Warwick Children’s Book Festival Draws Huge Crowds
- Warwick Valley Dispatch: Children’s Book Festival Fosters Love of Books and Literacy in Warwick
- Library Journal: Albert Wisner Public Library: 2016 Best Small Library in America
- Dirt Magazine: Dirt Magazine Profile of Judy Pedersen Sept 2016
- Times Herald-Record: Profile of the 2016 Festival in Go! Section, October 7, 2016
- Times Herald-Record: Book Festival Celebrates Love of Reading, October 8, 2016
- Warwick Advertiser: Children’s Book Festival Raises $7,000 for AWPL
- Times Herald-Record: Warwick Children’s Book Festival Photo Gallery
- Warwick Valley Dispatch: Warwick Plays Host to Children’s Book Festival
- Orange Magazine (feature article): The Write Stuff
All the best,
Thank you so much for hosting the day, it was fantastic for us as well! […] Keep me in mind — I’d love to participate again in the future.
A great event. Thank you for inviting me!
Thank you for inviting me to the festival – I really had a great time. From the organizers to the volunteers everyone so nice and made me feel very comfortable. I would love to come back if invited.
All the best,
Thank you so much for inviting me! I thought it was a great day, and I think all of the authors were very pleased! At other festivals I’ve done, there have been author storytimes/readings or other activities scattered throughout the day in different spots in the building, but I have found that those are not so well attended. I think people prefer to be in the main room chatting with the authors and looking at the books. I think you did a great job!
I couldn’t have been happier to be part of the Warwick Book Festival this year! I thought it was very well organized and well-attended. You took such good care of us, too, with “Help!” signs and lovely, sustaining food. I really enjoyed the attendees, made some new friends, and sold a lot of books, too. Who could ask for anything more?
Thanks for inviting me to participate,
I just wanted to thank you for everything today. I had such a great time with everyone there. I hope I will come back next year with my new books. Thank you so much, again!!
What a wonderful day! We met so many great folks and had the opportunity to connect with many author friends and make new ones as well. We look forward to returning again and again…
all the best,
Lesa Cline-Ransome and James Ransome
I’ve been around a long time — up, down, and sideways — and I’ve learned to stay grateful for each and every opportunity I have to do this work, meet these people, touch these readers. I was thrilled to be invited to Warwick for my first time and came away impressed with all of you. The truth is that you’ve created a positive-good in your community. You make a difference. Thanks for letting me be a small part of that happy story.
It was a wonderful day. Great crowd, great fellow authors, and great staff. Thank you for inviting me.
Thank you for a fantastic event yesterday — the festival was a success, so well organized, so inviting and welcoming! I had a terrific time and enjoyed every minute of it! It was such a beautiful day, and the spot was perfect. Many thanks also to all the volunteers and to Tom Roberts of Ye Olde Warwick Book Shoppe for getting all the books. It was an unforgettable day!
All my best,
Congratulations on a beautiful festival! Fantastic fall day, lovely crowds and delightful company. I know how much hard work and organization goes into these festivals (having run one myself years ago) and hope you know how much all the authors and illustrators appreciate your efforts. Thank you for including me in this spectacular celebration of kids, books and reading!